With these hot days of summer, it's important to hand water some of your plants. A sprinkler system is no substitution for rain!
BLT's and cold pasta salads are great for summer dinners and keep the kitchen cool, too!
- 1 pound thin spaghetti, broken into 1 inch pieces
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, chopped in half
- 2 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 large cucumber, diced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 bottle (16 ounces) Italian salad dressing
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon celery seed
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water. Add cherry tomatoes, zucchini, cucumber, green and red bell pepper, red onion and olives in a large bowl.
- To make the dressing: Whisk together italian salad dressing, parmesan cheese, sesame seeds, paprika, celery seed, and garlic powder. Pour over salad and toss until coated. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight
Here is another fabulous no cook dessert treat that is also perfect for this time of year! Here is the recipe.